SAVE A PET
North Florida Rescue is located in NW FL. We are based out of Blountstown, FL. We have a rescue organization in Florida and in Maine. We are a group of dedicated volunteers that help rescue animals from local high kill shelters in the Panhandle area of NW Florida. The volunteers help network, transport, foster, and take the animals for needed vet services and anything else needed to save the urgent animals. They help with the dogs and cats when they have no other place to go. We try and don’t quit until the animals have found a forever home. Please check out our Adoptable Animals and help them find a forever home.
We have been approved by the State of FL and the IRS as a legal 501c3 Non-Profit. We have been approved and can accept/solicit donations for our animals by the State of FL. We also have a State of Maine Chapter where most of our dogs and cats are transported to find their forever homes.
1. Fill out an application.
2. Pass applicable checks (Vet check, landlord approval and home check).
3. Must be at least 23 years old to adopt.
4. Children in the home must be over 5 years old
5. All current animals in the home MUST be fixed, up to date on vaccines and MUST regularly be on monthly flea/tick/heartworm preventatives.
6. Adopter is required to travel to the foster. Any travel done by the foster is his/her discretion.
7. A dog is placed in a home based on "BEST FIT" - not first come/first serve.
8. The rescue reserves the right to deny any application/adoption at any time for any reason.
9. No meet n greet is permitted without being approved to adopt first.
10. The adoption fee is non-negotiable.
Featured Dog "Laramie"
1 year old - Border Collie mix - 25-30lbs
This adorable guy is looking for his happily-ever-after. He is fun, friendly, playful, active and ready to find his forever family. Good with dogs and kids 8+ (cats unknown), Laramie enjoys playing with doggie friends and running around with the sun shining down on his handsome face. A fenced yard would be ideal for Laramie since he loves to run and stretch those legs. Laramie just completed heartworm treatment so he's asking for a home that will maintain monthly preventatives so he never has to go thru that again. He is fun and affectionate and will make a wonderful family member!
Laramie is a nice boy who deserves to find love and happiness... is that you?
Laramie is up to date on vaccines, neutered, dewormed, microchipped and current on monthly flea/tick/heartworm preventatives. His adoption fee is $250 so get your application in today!